On the 8th, I meant to talk about Alex. It was his 15th birthday! Time passes so quickly. We were so scared when he was born, because he was born with a kidney ailment called Hydronephrosis. He also had to go back into the hospital for a few days when he was 4 days old because he had severely jaundiced. He was pretty sickly for awhile and he had surgery on his kidney when he was only 9 weeks old. I still remember his little face when the nurse carried him away to the operating room. It was so heart wrenching. We had to see the pediatric specialist every year for 5 years. Thankfully, the problem was corrected and he is doing great. He is a freshman at Highland High. He is on the JV volleyball team and he is 1st counselor in the Teacher's Quorum. He is a wonderful boy who is very affectionate. We love him so much! I guess I ought to explain this picture. I saved it from the Disney cruise. We were on the Disney Cruise in November for Thanksgiving. Alex decided to choose lobster for his Thanksgiving dinner instead of turkey!
"Happily Ever After" to me is not when everything is perfect. It's this wonderful life that I am blessed with. The ups and downs, the bad times and the good times are what make up our journey. I am just glad that I am so blessed to have THIS family to enjoy the ride with!
Happily Ever After
Family...Love...God...Laughter...Faith...Honor...Fun...Service...Friendship...Honesty...Integrity...Work...Traditions
Sunday, April 13, 2008
Lobster Anyone?
On the 8th, I meant to talk about Alex. It was his 15th birthday! Time passes so quickly. We were so scared when he was born, because he was born with a kidney ailment called Hydronephrosis. He also had to go back into the hospital for a few days when he was 4 days old because he had severely jaundiced. He was pretty sickly for awhile and he had surgery on his kidney when he was only 9 weeks old. I still remember his little face when the nurse carried him away to the operating room. It was so heart wrenching. We had to see the pediatric specialist every year for 5 years. Thankfully, the problem was corrected and he is doing great. He is a freshman at Highland High. He is on the JV volleyball team and he is 1st counselor in the Teacher's Quorum. He is a wonderful boy who is very affectionate. We love him so much! I guess I ought to explain this picture. I saved it from the Disney cruise. We were on the Disney Cruise in November for Thanksgiving. Alex decided to choose lobster for his Thanksgiving dinner instead of turkey!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment