Happily Ever After

Family...Love...God...Laughter...Faith...Honor...Fun...Service...Friendship...Honesty...Integrity...Work...Traditions

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Africa

Brad is in the middle of his annual trip to Mozambique, Africa. I hate so much for him to be gone. I really stress out the whole week before he leaves and then pretty much feel like a zombie while he is gone. Well, this morning was totally worth it! He texted me and said to call him at an exact certain time. When I called, he said, "The people in the community want to thank you". So, this guy gets on the phone and says this long speech which I can't understand because it is in Portugese - and then the whole crowd starts screaming and yelling thank you! It was so touching that I cried for 5 minutes! I haven't even done anything, except lend my husband for a week every year. I am so proud of him and what he is doing! We really believe in the Family Preservation Program that they are working on and feel that it is inspired. I'm sorry that I am such a baby when you are gone Brad. And, I really want to go with you some day. Come home safely! Oh, by the way - he said he did the "Pee Wee Herman Tequila Dance" for 300 people! Way to go Brad!

3 comments:

  1. That is so neat that he does that. You definately will have to go with him sometime. I can't get mind of our dear friend. (don't know if the word is out, so I won't say names) I'm just sick about it. I tried to call her, but just got answering machine and left a message. Talk to you later. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Bishop! You'll have to do this dance for a ward party sometime! Chrissie, if you need anything while he's gone...give us a call. Seriously! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to Brad do the Pee-Wee dance...I bet it's priceless! I hope you are able to go with him one day! What a great service he is doing!! My husband is gone quite a bit as a fireman & a hunter...I guess I am pretty used to it by now, he is doing something he loves. But I do keep threatening him that one of these days I am going to Hawaii & spending a whole week on the beach by myself! :) I bet you will be glad to have him home.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...