We stayed in a hotel that night and got to meet up with one of Alex's friends for some ice cream that night. The next day we packed up and ate lunch. He wanted to have Scone Cutter for his last meal - but it was gone! :( - so we went to Panda Express. Alex and I were both having trouble with our nerves. I actually had to have Emily pull over so I could throw up!
Saying goodbye for two years is sooo hard! We put Dad on speaker phone so that he could be present and hear everything. They whisk the missionaries away so quickly that it is hard to get too emotional. It's afterward that I REALLY have trouble. I do need to explain though that the tears aren't just sad - they are joyful tears. I will miss Alex like crazy and he will leave a huge hole in our home, but I would be crazy to not want him to go. I am so proud of him in his decision to go and serve the Lord and I know he will be a fantastic missionary! Goodbye for two years Alex . . . we love you.
Saying goodbye for two years is sooo hard! We put Dad on speaker phone so that he could be present and hear everything. They whisk the missionaries away so quickly that it is hard to get too emotional. It's afterward that I REALLY have trouble. I do need to explain though that the tears aren't just sad - they are joyful tears. I will miss Alex like crazy and he will leave a huge hole in our home, but I would be crazy to not want him to go. I am so proud of him in his decision to go and serve the Lord and I know he will be a fantastic missionary! Goodbye for two years Alex . . . we love you.
![]() |
| They removed the MTC sign where everyone used to take pictures, so we found a pretty place across the street |


No comments:
Post a Comment