The next day after lunch, we got back on the ferry. I was kind of sad to leave this lovely little island but was looking forward to the rest of the adventure. After we got back to Vancouver, we made a detour to find the temple. It was kind of out in the country. I was surprised how little was around it. It was refreshing and very peaceful. It was one of the smaller temples, but just as beautiful. It was a Monday, so nobody was there.
After our pit stop, we were headed to Whistler. There is a famous drive called "Sea to Sky" highway - and boy was that breathtaking. I felt bad for Brad because he was driving and couldn't soak it all in like I could. It was fascinating how the color of the ocean turned from a dark blue to a greenish color along the way. I'm not sure, but I think the change is due to glacier water being introduced. It was gorgeous but I didn't get any of my own pictures because we didn't stop. I got the following pic off of "images" on my browser and it kind of gives you the idea.
We stopped at a beautiful waterfall along the way, but none of my pictures of it are good. We got to Whistler in the evening and checked into our beautiful hotel tucked in by a little lake. The view was gorgeous. We spent the rest of our time sitting on our porch, and in Whistler Village. It was so quaint and beautiful. It was really fun seeing the Olympic rings and stage, etc. We did a lot of reading and Brad pushed me around the lake in the wheelchair. I know . . . Whistler is for being active outdoors. Believe me - we saw a ton of people doing that. But since it wasn't really possible for us, we took advantage of the relaxations and it was wonderful! Here are the pics from Whistler Village:
And here are the pictures taken at Nita Lake Lodge:
Thanks goes to Emily for making it possible for us to leave for a few days and not have any worries! It was so nice to have her home with us for a month. And, here's to my amazing, wonderful husband of 27 years! I love him with all my heart and soul and truly can't imagine where I would be without him. He spoils me rotten and I realize how lucky and blessed I am to get him for forever! I love you Brad!


No comments:
Post a Comment